Custom development, but only when needed
One of Drupal's strengths is its extensibility via modules
There are more than ten thousand modules freely available covering a wide variety of needs. Nonetheless, sometimes the best approach is to develop a custom module, whether from the ground up or by tailoring existing open-source offerings.
- Specify, design and develop custom modules to meet your business needs.
- Advise on the best approach, i.e. use an existing module as-is, as a modified version or a custom solution built from scratch.
- Re-use our existing code-base to provide faster development times and reduced costs.
So, with a base Drupal system and a sprinkling of add-on modules, many typical applications can be realised without extensive custom development - Drupal as a web-application platform.
A few examples include:
- On-line shopping systems
- Client service, support and discussion forums
- News publishing
- Internal communication and Intranet applications.
Many more specific applications can be built on standard building blocks, adding custom elements as needed, without reinventing the wheel. Prototyping is often a good way to define business logic, study feasibility and determine whether Drupal is a suitable platform for the application without major investment. Thanks to Drupal's inherent power and flexibility, prototyping a typical application can be very fast indeed.